Thursday, May 15, 2008

2008 National Sales Training Meeting

Today is the beginning of Linvatec's National Sales Training meeting.

Since so much of what I do is over the phone, I look forward to opportunities like this to meet face to face for the first time many of the people I've had a hand in hiring. If I listen carefully, I can sometimes come up with the name that matches the voice I heard during the interview process. I'm usually not good with names, but when I already know someone's biography, it usually sticks.

The training sessions get underway tomorrow. It's a great opportunity for me to learn more about the company's products, initiatives and successes so that I can speak intelligently to candidates about what Linvatec has to offer. There are also the intangibles that are so important- like the pervasive, upbeat feeling among the sales force, their excitement about the direction of the company- that I soak up from being here.

Stay tuned for more over the next few days.

No comments: