Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Jobster

There are some great benefits to having a techie husband. He has already helped me plenty with my blog. I have blundered through most of it on my own, but he so kindly pitches in when I get in over my head.

Like today, he helped me activate my Jobster links, over there to the left, wink wink.

  • Join Our Talent Network... means you can fill out a very short profile and will be notified when positions open up in your area. You choose the frequency.

  • Link to Our Current Openings... well, pretty self-explanatory, that one.

It's easy to get addicted to on-line networking. I read somewhere... is it networking or not working? (Which is one of the reasons I do this mostly in the evenings.) It's pretty easy to confuse the two. It's easy to start feeling like a character in a Bruce Sterling story, sucked up in some sort of virtual world.

In any case, we are in the process of rolling out Jobster, which is sort of a second (or maybe third or fourth) generation job "portal". I don't know what else to call it. Think Monster and CareerBuilder with a heavy emphasis on networking and on-line profiles. I've created a profile, anyone can. If you do, or have a blog or have a myspace or facebook page, let me know. Send me an e-mail, I'd love to check it out.

No comments: