Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Love Affair

At the risk of sounding like a geek, I must profess my love for Wikipedia. I love following links from one article to the next. I kind of feel like an explorer, discovering new and interesting ideas at every turn. I've stumbled onto some fascinating things (to me anyway), like the anti-microbial properties of silver and argyria, a skin condition caused by ingesting extreme amounts of colloidal silver. (Blech!)

Considering that the articles are written by volunteers, they're informative, well-written and concise. There isn't an article yet on Linvatec, but hmm, maybe I should start one. There are articles on arthroscopy and orthopedics.

The one on orthopedics provides a tidy little overview, breaking down the different specialties within orthopedics and the most common procedures. The type of procedures most frequently performed? Knee arthroscopy and meniscectomy (uh-huh, that's our market). It also includes a brief history of orthopedics, which is remarkable because of the progress made even in just the last 100 years.

Check it out and have fun exploring...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthopedics

No comments: